History of TLC
TLC founded in 1956 by the employees of the Tecumseh Products Company, giving TLC our initial name: Tecumseh Products Employees Credit Union. Our office was in the lunchroom with the late Beth Brown as the only credit union staff member. The credit union quickly grew and soon served all Tecumseh residents and became Tecumseh Area Employee’s Credit Union. TLC changed our charter and merged with the Lenawee County Community Credit Union, thus becoming TLC Community Credit Union. We were now able to serve the entire community, which included anyone living or working in Lenawee County along with any family members of current members that wanted to join.
In 1987, we built what is now our main office on the corner of M-52 and US-223 in Adrian. We opened the office in April of 1988. We have since built offices on West Beecher Road in Adrian, US-223 in Blissfield, and have leased office space on North M-52 in Adrian. Our newest office, built in Tecumseh on Chicago Boulevard, gave us much needed visibility and better access for our Tecumseh area members.
Today, TLC Community Credit Union is recognized in the top 10 percent of credit unions in the nation when measured by size and net worth. We now offer many complex financial services that were once only available at very large regional and national institutions. We are a full financial service credit union. We now serve more than 46,000 members and manage more than $400,000,000 in assets. Our capital position is over 14 percent of assets – the regulatory minimum is 7 percent. We are well positioned to continue to offer our current members and our ever-growing new member base the financial services they desire.