Youth Financial Literacy
TLC Community Credit Union is proud to be teaching the youth in Lenawee County. TLC currently has 16 student-run credit union branches throughout Lenawee County. Each branch simulates the functions and roles of a real branch.
- To create a new generation of savers by showing the importance of setting realistic savings goals
- To increase the youth's knowledge of the different types of services available at a credit union (e.g., savings accounts, checking accounts, loan and credit information)
- To create an educational environment in which young people will have hands on experience in a financial setting
Encourages good saving habits at an early age, helps to promote financial responsibility in adulthood, and develops confidence where money management decisions are concerned.
- Provides a regular savings account to students with no service fee and the initial deposit is only a quarter ($0.25). CLICK HERE for an online student member application
- Student-operated credit union branches are in numerous Lenawee County schools
- Age appropriate savings incentives for youth members
- Classroom presentations in schools regarding money management